Are you ready to jump in to the world of writing about games? Unless you’ve reached this page by error, that answer is probably yes. The good thing is, you’re in the right place. We are currently looking for ambitious writers with all levels of experience to join our team of contributors.
Why you should write with us
An established website
Attack of the Fanboy is an independent website published by Modern Media Group LLC that was established in March 2010, and has been providing video game news, reviews, videos, guides and more to our growing audience of readers on a daily basis. Having established our footprint, our site attends industry events like E3, PAX, Gamescom, Eurogamer Expo and others, which gives us an inside look at the video game industry, and in-turn, enables us to write better, more informed articles for our readers. The opportunities that are available for our writers are directly tied to the level of commitment that a writer demonstrates for our site. Current and past contributors for our site have sat for interviews and previews for some of the biggest games franchises in the world. Want to see the next big game before everyone else? Write for our site, and this could be you!
Exposure for your writing
Our site is included in the Metacritic and Open Critic review aggregators. What’s this mean? It means your writing gets seen by many in the gaming community. Our site is a great place to establish your footprint as a critic or reporter.
Experience is a valuable commodity. If you’re looking to become a full-time journalist or freelancer, we’ll give you a great launching pad and invaluable experience in the article creation process. We’ll teach you how to use one of the most popular publishing programs, and how to adhere to best practices for online media creation.
Who we are looking for
- You are passionate about video games, and want to share that passion with the world.
- You are looking for exposure for your writing, and an opportunity to get real world experience.
- You want to be an authoritative voice writing about video games on the web.
- You keep your finger on the pulse of the gaming community
- You have a solid grasp of the English language
- Ability to meet article quotas (monthly & weekly)
- Meeting deadlines for article publication
- Working with Editors to put your articles in the best position to succeed
- Take on daily tasks via our article board and produce articles in a timely fashion
- Have working SEO knowledge
- Have ability to use photo editing tools such as Photoshop or other
If any of this sounds like you, read on!
Ok, I’m interested. How do I start?
Use the contact form below to shoot us a message telling us who you are and detail any relevant experience you might have. If you’ve got writing samples from previous work you’ve done, please include links to any author profiles that you’ve established online.
If you are interested in either expressing interest in a paid or voluntary position please use the contact form below.